Well, holidays are finally over with

01 Jan

Christmas and New Year’s have finally come and gone.  Christmas eve we just stayed home, just like on Christmas Day.  Very uneventful.  New Year’s Eve was spent with family and friends in Whiting, IN and we had a wonderful time.  Drank a few too many “Palomas” though and woke up with a sore head, if you know what I mean.  I also ate some of the wrong things and my sugar was higher than I wanted it to be this morning, 147.  I’ve been good and keeping it down to almost normal every day, but yesterday I splurged with food, drink and desserts.  Tomorrow though it will be back to what it’s supposed to be, because I’m going to watch everything carefully today.  I guess you could say that is going to be my New Year’s resolution, to get my sugar down to normal so I don’t have to go on medication.

Decided to drop AT&T as my mobile provider.  Just didn’t like their attitude.  They are too inflexible.  My contract is up next month, but they wouldn’t do an override so I could get a new phone, so just decided to drop them altogether.  So I went with Sprint and boy what a debacle that was.  Here’s everything that transpired from last Monday until Thursday evening.

Monday, December 27th.  Went to a local mall and stopped by a Sprint Kiosk and started asking questions.  The young man quoted me some figures and gave me lots of pertinent information that I would definitely be using in the future.  So, I went home, looked at the literature he gave me and decided to call and verify one of the things he told me.  After I verified that information, I told the girl that I was just thinking about switching and she asked if she could call me back on Thursday to see if I had made up my mind.  I told her yes, to call me on Thursday, but on Tuesday, I decided to go for it anyway.  So called and spent 2 hours on the phone with the rep giving and verifying and re-verifying the information several times, making sure that she had both of the numbers involved and to which phones they were to be activated on.  Seemed that everything was a go.  Next day I get an e-mail confirming the order and I saw that only one of the numbers was being ported over correctly and the other one, my number, was not and they were assigning a completely different number to my phone.  I called immediately and they told me that it was too late, the phones had already shipped.  I told her that if I didn’t get the correct number for my phone ported over, I was going to cancel the whole deal.  She said she would make sure it was done right.  Thursday, I get the phones delivered and to make sure I got it done right, I went to a local Sprint store and had them activate both phones.  The girl there, Marisol, got the one phone activated, but said that the other one, with the correct number would be activated within two hours.  Well, it wasn’t, so I called and talked to the girl in number porting and had to explain the entire situation to her again and she said she would take care of it and that the phone would be activated by 7:13 P.M. Central time.  Well, needless to say, it wasn’t so I called again and spent over an hour explaining the problem yet again to another rep.  As you can understand, I was extremely irritated by this time and about ready to throw in the towel and cancel the whole deal.  Well, that last rep I talked to couldn’t help me even after trying several things, so she transferred me to technical help, and that lovely lady had me all set up in no time at all.  Now my question is, why in the hell didn’t that happen from the very beginning?  And my first question is, after all the verification I did on two different phone calls, wasn’t my phone number done correctly?  I finally got it fixed, thanks to the lovely lady in Tech Help.  I just hope that any future customer service is not handled this shoddily.  I did rush a letter off to Sprint, complaining about the poor service and one of the managers is supposed to call me back in 24 to 48 hours.  Well, we’ll see if that happens and if it doesn’t, they’ll get another ear-full.

Anyway, I hope all of you had a fantastic Christmas and that your New Year’s Eve celebration went off without a hitch.

Leave a comment

Posted by on January 1, 2011 in Rants


Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: